Wednesday, July 18, 2012

READY!!!......nevermind. Sad day...

We were so ready to fly this morning!  My mind was not nervous but my hands were a little shaky at first.  Maggie, Allison and I get our experiments ready on the plane ready, and go in for our briefing to get ready to fly. 
First, they tell us some great tips....

"Take a moment to really take in and experience what is going on around you in microgravity."
Doug said this to us and I like it.  I hope to follow this in the future.  Too many times we get really busy in life and forget to "stop and smell the flowers".  Great advise Doug! 

Next, Dom comes in.  He tells us that the weather is bad in the Gulf of Mexico (where we fly) and we will have to try to fly Thursday morning and the second flight Thursday afternoon.  We were very sad to hear this but definitely understand.  We appreciate that he wants us all to be safe.
I want to tell ya'll about the amazing experiments the other teams are taking on the flight but I must sleep now so I can be ready to fly in the morning.  I will post more tomorrow.  We all want to get a lot of sleep so we are rested and ready to 'fly correct' tomorrow!  Hope for great weather! 

No comments:

Post a Comment