Monday, August 6, 2012

Thanks for your confidence.....but....

That's right!  I did.  I appreciate all of you that had such confidence in me that I was going to be fine, but let's face it, I have been sick on a roller coaster!  I have to say, I was pretty confident in myself mentally that I was not going to get sick...but my stomach had other plans....
On the first flight day, there were at least 3 of us that got sick.  I am proud to say that I lasted until parabola 20.  At this moment, I threw up in my puke bag, gave it to the doctor, and then I was fine!  My team mates were worried about me but I felt fine right after I got it out of my system.  Now I know your next question is, "Did it fly everywhere??!!"  Well here is your answer:  I started throwing up in hyper gravity and the doctor held me down while I continued to throw up in zero gravity.  Since I had my puke bag (thank goodness) so the puke did not fly anywhere (thank goodness!).  Now, if I had missed my puke bag, I assume the puke probably would have floated in whatever direction I projected to until it either hit someone, or the hyper gravity started and then it would fall to the bottom of the plane.  Then the doctor and/or flight attendant cleaned it up. 
The next time I puked I believe it was during parabola 31.  This time my stomach was very upset with me and done.  It did not want me to be on this plane any longer....lol.  So, sadly I had to go to the back where the seats were and let my teammates finish the experiment.  I felt so sick....and being in the seat didn't really make me feel much better.  Now I felt like I was on a roller coaster; but at least I was stable. 
There was an up side to this though...parabola 32 was the last zero gravity parabola and we were then doing 4 martian and 4 lunar ones.  I sadly missed the free feeling of the martian and lunar parabolas but I did get to see everyone in the plane experience them.  THIS WAS MY MOMENT....I suddenly remembered Doug telling me to take time to really experience what was going on around us.  I was at the back of the plane, watching everyone in it jumping and floating around.  They were so excited, happy, surprised, amazed.....I saw so many emotions throughout the plane.  I remember thinking.......
'How amazing....how lucky am I to experience this and be apart of this awesome opportunity.  I am so fortunate.  I will remember this and I can't wait to tell this experience to everyone possible for the rest of my life.'
.....So yes, I did 'PUKE FOR SCIENCE', and 'I WOULD DEFINITELY DO IT AGAIN' if I get the opportunity.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment